Members of our Adventurer Club can choose to be paired up with other members to be pen pals. Below are the minimum expectations of our pen pal program.
- Write at least once a month.
- Send a Christmas and birthday card.
- Parents, feel free to have your child dictate to you what to write. Pre-K and Kindergarten children can just sign their name. First graders can fill in a few blanks. Second graders and up may be able to write their own letters.
- If desired, a child can have multiple pen pals!
- Children can send small flat gifts (like stickers or bookmarks).
Who doesn't like receiving gifts? Swaps is a tradition from girl scouts. They are super small little handmade friendship gifts that are attached to safety pins, so the children can hang them on their swap banners! We will do a Jesse Tree swap at Christmas time to retell the story of the birth of Christ.
We have our own special Hi sign that we do when we see each other!