PROGRAM OVERVIEW OF OUR CLASS TIME
Snack, 11:20 AM
Children who arrive to Sabbath School early may enjoy a snack at the table if hungry and if parents permit them to eat. Parents are also welcome to bring their own snack for their child to eat at this time.
Circle Time, 11:30 AM
Filled with active songs and special features, Circle Time is the main learning segment of our Sabbath School. All parts of Circle Time are designed to appeal to children through a variety of learning styles. To keep children constantly engaged, teaching segments are kept short with visuals and props. Here are the special features of Circle Time.
Learn a few facts about something in God's creation.
Memorize important Bible doctrines and stories.
See God working in the world-wide church.
Review Bible geography and our Bible timeline of sacred history.
Discover God's lesson for us through a beloved Bible story.
We end our formal Sabbath School time at the table, where children do a craft or an experiment that ties in with one of the special features from Circle Time (usually the Bible Story).
Pick Up, Take Home Guide, and Fellowship Dinner, 12:30 PM
At 12:30 PM, children are welcome to leave Sabbath School ONLY accompanied by their adult caregiver or older sibling (10 years or up). Families are encouraged to stay for fellowship dinner in the fellowship hall or commons area.
Each month, children will get a take-home guide that includes...
- Bible story title with references that we learned
- Prayer verse and prayer prompt for daily devotional exercises
- Updated message from me, the teacher, to you, the parent, regarding what we are doing in memory work and any other announcements you need to know.
* Curricula content primarily comes from the following sources and is summarized in my own words by me on the blog (unless a YouTube video was available from the publisher), so children who miss class can review their Sabbath School program lessons at home. Because I find curricula content to usually be too lengthy for children of this age group, I teach class also using my summaries.
- Memory Mastery
- This is my (Inga Goodwin's) personal program. All content is original to me, unless otherwise stated.
- Adventist Mission Children's Quarterly by AdventistMission.org
- Bible Tools
- This is part of my Memory Mastery program. I have written a Bible timeline story that we review each week.
- Bible Story