Safe Water Award
NOTE: The requirements for this award has been adapted to fit the needs of our club.
A. Read Exodus 15:22-25 in the Bible. Then answer these questions.
- Verse 22 - The children of Israel had just been freed from slavery in Egypt. Where did they travel for 3 days? What was the problem there?
- Verse 23 - Finally they found water at Marah. What was wrong with the water? Could they drink it?
- Verse 24 - How did the people react to finding bitter water?
- Verse 25 - What did God show Moses to do to purify the water so they people could drink it?
B. Watch this video about water purification. Listen closely to find the answers to these questions.
- How long can you survive without water?
- Name 4 water purification techniques mentioned.
- Why should you not drink untreated water?
C. Boil water at home. Determine when you have a "rolling boil."