A. Draw a picture of your home and color it. Discuss the following:
- What is a home?
- Animals have homes, too. How do they know how to make their homes?
B. Watch this poem about animal homes. Keep track of 5 animals and name where they live.
C. Watch this mama Blue Titmouse bird build a nest inside a bird house. Tell somebody what you saw. Tell three things that she uses to make her nest.
D. Can you make a bird's nest model? Here's one way to do it.
- Cut a paper plate in half.
- Cover each side with brown paper (cut up a paper bag) or color it brown.
- Trace your hand on colored paper and cut it out.
- Put eyes and mouths on each finger to represent the birds.
- Attach the birds "hand" to the paper plate nest.
- Staple the paper plate pieces together.