NOTE: The requirements of this award have been adapted to fit the needs of our club.
A. After you are done reading your Little Friend magazine, tear off the cover page and turn it into a puzzle with 3 pieces.
- Tear off the cover page from a magazine that you like.
- Glue it to a piece of poster board.
- Cut the poster board down to the size of the page.
- Then cut the mounted picture into 3 pieces to make a puzzle.
B. Play this story telling game with your new puzzle.
- Read the story that went with the picture of your puzzle.
- Place the puzzle pieces in front of you.
- As you pick up each puzzle piece to put the puzzle together, tell the beginning, middle, and end of the story.
C. Have you ever put together a really BIG puzzle? They are lots of fun. You can buy one at the store (look for the word JUMBO or GIANT). Here are some ideas below.
D. Let's make our own puzzle like we did with the magazine page. This time, draw your own picture, or do a connect the dots picture and color it. Then, follow the directions for making the magazine page puzzle.