Friend of Animals Award
Refer to pages 24 and 25 in the Busy Bee Activity Book, and complete the requirements. Below are some helps and modifications to fit the needs of our club.
1. (This fulfills all of step 1 in the book.) Probably the universal well-loved treat of most backyard critters (birds and small mammals) is sunflower seeds. Look at these different backyard animals caught on video eating sunflower seeds. If you can, buy some sunflower seeds and put them outside where you can see who will stop by and eat them.
2. Complete the activity on page 24. OR Just list creatures that you have seen from your window at home.
3. Complete the activity on page 25.
4. Complete the activity on page 25. OR Draw an animal face of a backyard animal.
5. Do the following activity with your child. I will think of an animal and make its sound. Can you guess what animal it is? Now it is your turn to think of animal, but don't say its name. Just make the sound. I will guess what animal you were thinking of.
6. (This will fulfill the requirements for step 6.) Watch the following video on farm animals.
7. What is an animal that you like? Answer the question on page 25 with that answer.