NOTE: The requirements for this award have been adapted to fit the needs of our club.
1. Read The Floating Ax story in 2 Kings 6:1-6. OR listen and look at the story below.
2. Watch this video about beavers. Then recall the following...
- 1 thing you learn about their body
- 1 thing you learn about where they live
- 1 thing you learn that they are good at
3. Beavers construct dams to create ponds of water. Then they build their lodge (home) in the middle of the pond. Beavers use sticks, mud, and rocks to build. Let's play a game called Beaver sticks. I will hide these sticks around. See if you can find them and stack them for a lodge before the time is up.
4. Color this beaver lodge picture. OR Draw your own picture of a beaver doing one of its activities (swimming, building, cutting down trees, etc.).
(Optional Project) Beavers play an important role in helping to create micro-ecosystems and manage water responsibly. What if our outdoor projects helped other living creatures, too? What can you add or change in your yard to help local wildlife (bird feeding station, brush pile, water fountain, native plants, bee houses, water garden, etc.)?