Refer to pages 16 and 17 in the Builder Activity Book. Below are specific resources or alternate activities to help you complete requirements.
1. Follow instructions in activity book.
2. Drug abuse is when someone repeatedly uses dangerous substances. Temperance is choosing to not put bad things in your body and using good things in moderation.
3. On pages 13 to 16 of the McGruff's Elementary Drug Prevention Activity Book, you will find very specific information on the effects of tobacco, alcohol, and drugs. There are also a lot of activity pages you can print out if you want to further review information on preventing drug use.
4. People use drugs for different reason. Discuss why each one is a bad reason.
- Friends are doing it.
- It seems like a way to get a "good" feeling to relax.
- It seems to help you forget your problems.
- To seem more grown up.
- To rebel.
- To try something new or different.
5. Role play with your child (using a stuffed animal or doll) how to say no if someone offers them "medicine," alcohol, or cigarettes.
6. In the lower blank half of page 17, draw your picture and or slogan here.
7. Follow instructions in activity book.