1.Weather describes what's going on in the air around us. Watch this video story, A Big Storm. What weather changes do you see happen? (clear skies to clouds, wind, rain, lightning)
2. Let's talk about it. What should we do in scary weather like a lightning storm?
- Stay calm. Prayer helps.
- Stay/Go inside.
- Do not go outside or play near water.
3. Let's make storm weather sounds. Following along with the video below.
Suggested Pin Project: One of the best things to look for after rain storms are rainbows! Memorize, do, and be able to explain how to make a rainbow.
- Learn how rainbows are formed (See the Nature Feature in this SS blog post).
- Go outside a make a rainbow by putting your back to the sun and turning on the water. Set the nozzle to MIST. Hold it up in the air in front of you till you see a rainbow through the misty water.
- Teach someone else how rainbows are formed and demonstrate independently how to form one.
- Memorize the colors in the rainbow in order with ROYGBIV (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet).