See page 12 in the Builder Activity Book. Prayer is an important activity in maintaining a relationship with God.
- Complete steps 1 and 2 and check off that you did them.
- Print out the Praying Hand Activity sheet below (front/back). Trace your hand on the bottom part of the front page.
- Discuss together for whom each finger reminds us to pray. See if your child can explain to you what each finger represents. Write in names of people on the hand drawing that your child wants to pray for. Pray together for those people. Check off step 4 in the Activity Book.
- At Adventurer Club meeting, collect prayer requests from different families and log them on the back of the Praying hand Activity Sheet. Pray for those people. Circle 5A in your Activity Book.
- Make a card, or print out the Prayer Card Activity below. Decorate/Color it, and share it with one of the families you prayed for at the following Adventurer Club meeting. Circle 5C in your Activity Book.
- Confirm with the Adventurer Club Director for a club meeting date when your child can say the opening prayer. Please help them practice ahead of time. Circle 5B in your Activity Book.
- Finally, read together 1 Thessalonians 5:17 and commit to praying to God three times a day for a week (meal times are a good time to practice). Keep track each day that you prayed 3 times on your Praying Hand Activity sheet. Then check off step 3 in your Activity Book.